I just wanted to do a quick post before I leave for a week. I am so excited to have a few days off of work. Ted still isn't back but he is hoping to come back to work next week. And hopefully things will be back to normal when I get back. I keep thinking that Ted is going to be asking me to do more things that are actually part of his job, but I'm not sure what else there is that I can do. I am already doing so much of the paperwork. I guess he may have me start seeing more of the outpatients, but who knows. At least our director of operations appreciates the work I am doing and acknowledges that I am working hard to keep the department running as smooth as possible.
July 24th was Alden's birthday so we went out to dinner at Red Lobster. It was way yummy. I got him a new camping backpack with special air vents to keep you cooler and some new clothes. When he was younger they always had a big celebration because Idaho Falls does a parade and fireworks and fun stuff going on all day. Here it is just another day. Everyone goes to work and does their normal routine.
My friend, Chrissy, is getting physical therapy on her wrist and hand after having surgery and it turns out that her therapist is one of my old clinical instructors. He found out that we are best friends and basically wants to meet with me to offer me a job with him at his new facility in Evanston. I am so torn. I really want to take the job and move home. It would be a great opportunity and I would be back working in an outpatient setting, which is what I love doing. On the other hand, I have told Alden that I would live here in LA for him to pursue his dream of acting. (At least a few more years.) At times I would love to be closer to home and other times the distance is nice. No crazy family drama. I'm not sure living in Evanston would be good for us.
Just a little clarification on the whole blazer situation. Alden decided to fix the blazer and then sell it for more profit. But the whole thing is taking a lot longer than planned. I was hoping to have it all done before we left but it isn't even fixed yet. We are still looking for a replacement vehicle. We have looked at a few things and haven't decided if we want a SUV so we have two different sized vehicles or if we should get another car. I guess we'll just wait and see.
Until next time...
